Extension of School Meal Subsidies to Students on MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) During Full Home-Based Learning (FHBL) Period
To provide added support for all primary and secondary students on MOE FAS during this circuit breaker period, MOE, with support from the Sayang Sayang Fund launched by the Community Foundation of Singapore, will now extend meal subsidies to these students regardless of whether they return to school during full HBL.
This provision will apply for a period of four weeks, covering the full HBL period from 8 April to 4 May 2020.
MOE will disburse the school meal subsidies via two top-ups to eligible students’ School Smartcard. With the extension of MOE’s school meal subsidies, secondary school students on MOE FAS will receive a total of $120 each. This subsidy amount is similar to the amount students on MOE FAS would have received if there were lessons going on as usual in school.
The School Smartcard can be used to purchase food and essential groceries at some hawker centres, food courts, minimarts, convenience stores and supermarkets. Students can redeem the extended meal subsidies at any TransitLink Add Value Machine2 once every two weeks, starting from 14 April 2020.
The following provides more details with regard to this support.
WHAT IS THIS?
- Extension of school meals subsides to students on MOE FAS scheme during FHBL
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Current students under MOE FAS scheme
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
- The provision will apply for a period of four weeks, covering the full HBL period
- Four weeks of meal subsidies via students’ School Smartcard (aka student’s Ez-link card)
- Secondary school students on MOE FAS will receive $120 each
WHERE & HOW TO REDEEM?
- Students can redeem the extended meal subsidies at any Transitlink Add Value Machine once every two weeks, starting from 14 April 2020
- The School Smartcard can be used to purchase food and essential groceries at some hawker centres, food courts, minimarts, convenience stores and supermarkets.
- The extended meal subsidies must be redeemed by 15 May 2020. There will be no extension of redemption period.
WEBSITES FOR REFERENCE
More information can be found in the following files below:
FAQs for Redemption of Extended Meal Subsidies through School Smartcard
List of Suggested Merchants (updated 5 May 2020)
Please feel free to contact the school should you require any further clarifications.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!