Resilient Merahan Programme
- Mr Sharizal Bin Salim (OIC)
- Mr Law Ngiap Hui (2IC)
- Ms Neo Siew Eng (KP Advisor)
The Resilient Merahan Programme (RMP) is an after-school engagement programme that caters to students to allow for relationship building among these students with their peers and school staff.
Through the RMP, we hope to provide students with the opportunities to learn social and life skills, build on their strengths and help them to develop and to become useful individuals.
Homework and study sessions are part of RMP to provide students with the structure and the right studying habits as they manage the rigors of school.
Activities conducted during RMP include:
- Workshops on working memory
- The Domino challenge to help students learn to focus their attention and strategic planning
- Sports programmes like such as volleyball, golf and Inline skating.
- VIA projects to allow RMP students to contribute back to the school and the community.
The Galaxy provides the RMP students with a haven to relax and bond with each other. The students in the RMP were involved in setting up the place, working with the teachers to paint the space, planning its furnishing and naming it ‘The Galaxy’. The Galaxy was officially opened by Mdm President Halimah Yaccob in February 2021.
Together with dedicated staff, the RMP students are trained to operate The Galaxy, which is open to the general school population on Thursdays. Students are welcome to The Galaxy to use the facilities. Activities available include the PS4 game console as well as board and table games such as pool and table soccer.