Financial Assistance Scheme
Ministry of Education Financial Assistance Scheme (MOE FAS)
The Ministry of Education provides financial assistance to needy Singapore Citizen students in Government, Government-aided schools, specialized and some independent schools so that all Singaporeans, regardless of their financial background, can benefit from the best opportunities in education.
Please visit the MOE Financial Assistance Scheme for more information.
- Student must be a Singapore citizen.
- The family’s gross total household income (GHI) does not exceed $2,750 per month; or
- The family’s per capita income (PCI) does not exceed $690 per month, where the PCI is computed based on the GHI divided by the number of household members.
Singapore Citizen students who wish to apply for financial assistance are required to complete the FAS Application Form either in hardcopy application form or via FormSG (e-FAS).
Please ensure that the FAS application is accompanied by all relevant documents required by MOE.
a) Hardcopy MOE FAS Application Form
Hardcopy form is required for:
- families with other dependents (Great grandparents, Aunties/Uncles, Cousins and others)
- family with more than 5 children in Government & Govt-Aided Schools (GGAS)
- family with more than 4 unmarried children not in GGAS
- family with more than 3 grandparents in the household
b) FormSG (e-FAS) (https://go.gov.sg/moe-efas);
Please prepare the required softcopy supporting documents before you begin completing the online application form.
Applications may be made throughout the year as exigencies of each family’s financial situation demand. Fresh applications will have to be submitted for each school year.