Provision of Meals Subsidies for Students on MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) during Extended Circuit Breaker Period
The Circuit Breaker period is now extended by another 4 weeks to 1 June 2020, and the mid-year school break will be advanced to May. Typically, meal subsidies are not provided during school holidays. However, given the exceptional circumstances this year, together with the Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund (STSPMF), MOE has decided to continue providing meal subsidies through School Smartcard top-ups during this mid-year holidays. This is on top of the provision of school meal subsidies that MOE and the Community Foundation of Singapore (CFS) had provided earlier, in the form of School Smartcard top-ups to all Primary and Secondary students from low income families during the period of Full Home-Based Learning.
The School Smartcard can be used for payment at 146 hawker centres and coffee shops (stalls that accept payment using this Smartcard will display the EZ-Link logo), plus certain convenience stores and supermarkets. (pls refer to the link below for the list of suggested merchants)
The following provides more details with regard to this support.
WHAT IS THIS?
- Extension of school meals subsides to students on FAS scheme till end of Circuit Breaker period
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Current BMSS students under MOE FAS scheme and School-based FAS
WHAT IS THE DURATION?
- Secondary school students on MOE FAS and School-based FAS will receive $120 each via two top-ups to their School Smartcard (aka student’s Ez-link card).
WHERE & HOW TO REDEEM?
- Students can redeem the eVouchers at any TransitLink Add Value Machines (AVM)
- MOE FAS students can redeem the first top up from 5 May to 10 June 2020
- School-based FAS students can redeem the first top up from 7 May to 10 June 2020
- All students – MOE FAS and School-based FAS – can redeem the second top-up from 18 May to 10 June 2020
- The School Smartcard can be used to purchase food and essential groceries at some hawker centres, food courts, minimarts, convenience stores and supermarkets.
WEBSITES FOR REFERENCE
More information can be found in the following files below:
FAQs for Redemption of School Meal Subsidies through School Smartcard during Extended CB Period
List of Suggested Merchants (updated 5 May 2020)
Please feel free to contact the school should you require any further clarifications.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!